Drawing the Figure, with Angela Cunningham
Please be sure to purchase the required materials for your class prior to the first day of class. All materials are available at our local art supply store, The Starving Artist, located at 814 Kanuga Road, Hendersonville, NC 28793. If you have any questions about the materials for your class, please contact us.
- Pencils – traditional wood pencils are fine but I recommended 2mm lead holders (multiple holders in different colors is useful). Various harnesses– at least two each: 4H, 2H, H and HB.
- Paper A pad of Strathmore 400 drawing series paper (For quick drawings or block-ins).
- Sharpener – for wood pencils: a razor blade and sandpaper. For lead holders: a rotary sharpener (the Staedler brand recommended).
- Kneaded erasers
- Measuring Stick - Examples include: knitting needles, kebab skewers, or bicycle spoke. Around one foot long (25 cm).
- Drawing board – around 20×30 inches.
- Stylus erasers – thin erasers that advance out of a holder like the lead from a mechanical pencil. Can be found on Jetpens.com
- Glassine paper - small sheets to cover your drawings
- Drafting tape
- Mahl Stick - to keep your hand off drawing while working (CANVAS has a few of these available - Contact Joel if you'd like to borrow one)
- Drawing supply box - some kind of box to organize drawing materials
- Tracing paper - for critiques
CANVAS ArtSpace will supply Easels and small levels to ensure drawing board is straight. You may bring your own, if you prefer.